1. What’s in your camera bag these days?
Canon 6D, Canon 16-35mm f2.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4 ART, Rokinon 12mm f2.8 fisheye.
2. What's it like exploring in Australia?
It's hard, being a young country there isn't much history. A lot of places to explore get closed down quickly for development. You really need to travel to find gems these days.
3. How did you get interested in shooting abandoned spots?
I stumbled across @sloppystick and was fascinated by the locations he managed to find. His HDR work was insane. That's where I fell in love with the abandoned scene.
4. What kind of abandonment do you think is the best to shoot?
I like places with character. Hospitals, Theatres, Churches. There's so many stories the walls could tell..when walking through places like this, you get lost in your imagination..
5. What's your favorite thing to shoot aside from abandoned places?
I love the underground scene and rooftops. Train tunnels always make for a good shot and rooftops are pretty self explanatory. I also don't mind a bit of portrait work or just general urban... but I always try to make my captures a lil grim..
6. What are the best and worst things about living in Australia?
Australia is a clean, safe and beautiful country. But it is very widespread so getting from one place to another is always a hike, it's quite expensive too, even for us locals.
7. Have you been to the US? If so, what was your favorite place? If not, where would you want to go here?
I love New York. I only wish I was into photography a lil more when I went there several years ago. Would love to visit Detroit and check out the abandoned scene over there.
8. You have a massive following on your feature page @allabandoned. How did that come about?
IG is all about networking, it's a goldmine if you know what you are doing with it. There weren't many abandoned pages floating around so it took off quite quickly..
9. What kind of advice would you give someone who is trying to start a feature page?
Network with other hubs, get a hashtag trending for yourself and interact with the community. All the activity draws attention to your page.. content is key though. Quality images and regular posts, just don't over do it.
10. Everyone loves that creepy ass mask you have. What gave you the idea to start using it in your shots?
I saw a guy once use a creepy mask in an abandoned location...I loved the concept so tried to find the creepiest clown mask available..and I did.. it has worked wonders for my page lol.
11. Do you have any other hobbies/secret talents?
I love to play soccer, but I also used to rap...I still write from time to time to get thoughts out of my head..there's alot going on up there..
12. Who are your musical influences?
2pac, Wu-Tang, Big Pun, Eminem, Tech 9, plenty of others but those come to mind first..
13. Where can we follow you and your work?
Find me on IG @susqect I don't have any other social media at the moment..